Simple exercises during the 9th month of pregnancy
You have soldiered through 8 months of pregnancy and are about to enter the 9th and final month. You are about to become a mother! Here are some simple exercises to follow during the 9th month of pregnancy to help facilitate a smooth delivery. But before you start exercising, you need to prepare yourself. Here are some tips for a stress free workout-
- Dress loose. Wear relaxed clothing.
- Drink loads of water. Sports drinks which are strong in electrolytes always help.
- Wear shoes that feel comfortable.
- The center of gravity tends to move forward as pregnancy progresses. A woman needs to lean in a backward position to compensate.
- Rest a lot. If feeling tired, don’t exercise.
- Avoid standing for a long period of time. This may lead to blood pooling in lower limbs and can lead to swelling.
Here are few easy exercises to follow during the third trimester
Exercising during the final trimester help the woman stay fit and allows smooth blood circulation:-
- Pelvic stretches are the best exercise during the final weeks of pregnancy. Stretch your legs apart from each other and stand straight. This is an easy exercise and can be done on a ball, pillow, etc. This helps in facilitating normal delivery.
- Pelvic tilt is another simple exercise. Suck in your stomach and thrust your hips outwards keeping them in line with your stomach. This is basically done to soothe labor pain.
- Swimming is also recommended during the final weeks of pregnancy to maintain muscles and regulate heartbeat.
- Squatting is beneficial during the final weeks of pregnancy. Take the toilet position over a ball. This tends to strengthen the pelvic joint.
- Walking helps in regulating heartbeat, increasing blood circulation and strengthening the body.
- Kegel exercises are very important for pregnant women. It is also known as pelvic floor exercise. It’s a known fact that the vagina and rectum handle a lot of pressure during pregnancy. This exercise involves contracting the vagina or holding it in for 10 seconds and then releasing it. This helps in strengthening the vaginal region. Do it about 15-20 times each day.
- Yoga is extremely beneficial for a healthy mind and a healthy body. It can increase the endurance power of the body. Vakrasana, konasana, utkatasana etc. are some of the popular asanas in yoga.
These exercises are simple and can be done by yourself at home, for a healthy and smooth birthing process.